Local Village and Food Tour including Cooking Class
An exclusive day trip in & around New Delhi which includes visit to local Village, breakfast at Dhaba, traditional lunch at Farm House, Cooking Class & dinner hosted by an Indian family.
Duration: 12-36 Hours
Interests: Culture, People, Rural, Food, Photography
This unique day trip takes you around New Delhi by private vehicle. Make a visit to a local village, eat breakfast at Dhaba, and enjoy a traditional lunch at a farmhouse. Upgrade to a 36-hour itinerary that includes a cooking class and dinner hosted by an Indian family.
Your private tour starts with pickup from your Delhi hotel in the morning. Travel by air-conditioned minivan and stop at a highway dhaba (roadside eatery) for a delicious Punjabi breakfast including paranthas (flatbread) and chai. Venture into a local village for an authentic cultural experience as you explore the farms, visit a school, and take an ox-cart ride. A traditional Indian lunch is cooked on an earthen stove. After roughly 7 hours, depart on the journey back to Delhi.
If you select the 36-hour (full day) option, apart from the half day tour above, you will be hosted by a local family. A cup of tea and fried snacks called pakora will be served on your arrival at a local home. Your host will then introduce you to traditional Indian food and spices. Learn how to cook several Indian dishes as you try out your cooking skills with an expert home cook. Enjoy a speciality Indian dinner made from the heart. Overnight stay at hotel or home stay(you may choose either). Next day morning, have a specially made Indian breakfast and say goodbye to the family. Your driver will drop you at your hotel or airport in Delhi in the afternoon.
Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Informative, friendly and professional guide
Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Starting from USD 110/Person
- Light refreshments
- Dinner (Full day tour)
- 1 night accommodation (Full day tour)
- Cooking class (Full day tour)
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- A minimum of 01 adult per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide on a special request
- Dress code is smart casual which covers your body moderately